Wednesday, April 27, 2011

90

There I was goin’ 90
Miles an hour straight into my destiny
Woken up by an oak tree
Trying to take me to eternity
And I began wondering, “why did this happen to me?”
Why am I the one dealing with this tragedy?
I blamed God for this monstrosity
Thinking he had no sympathy
No empathy
No words that could fix me
Then I began wondering if he was even the real thing
I can’t hear the angels sing
All I can hear is the blaring
Of these sirens, the glaring
Of my roommates eyes and the staring
Of people on the side of the road which got me thinking
Maybe God is just a shtick
No proof like in mathematics
Just some magic tricks
As frail as pick-up sticks
As real as the river Styx
Oh man this is making me pissed!
So let’s calm down and make a list
Of all the points I have missed
In my anger
Why am I thinking this way?
What do my friends have to say?
Is there a reason why I came out unhurt from this dismay?
Then I began to say
That I began to see
What He had done in my life and eternity
He began to show me
His humbly
incredibly
beautifully
powerfully
designed world and I simply had to be
part of it to be included
which I then concluded
meant he had to be real
I didn’t have to feel
Like I had to deal
with my ways alone
Because His ways are as strong as steel
And if I can deal
With it then so can you
Yes, this might be hard, but it isn’t if you know what you are fighting for
I don’t hide behind paper doors
Hope to live in a heaven on glass floors
I don’t believe in weak crap like thatanymore
I know I stand firm on stone
I know I will never be alone
Because God would never disown
One of his children even if they want to leave home
My world crumbled into a heap
Because I, not God, fell asleep
And I had to dig deep
To realize that the battle is almost always steep
And if we don’t take a leap
Of faith we will never get even a peep
At what is in our plan.
90 miles an hour into a tree
Is what it took me
To fully believe in His destiny
I pray that you would be stronger biblically
Spiritually
And humbly
Realize that you don’t want to end up like me
At the end of that tragedy
Because while I was fine physically
I lost what mattered to me spiritually.
And while I am following him fully
Now, you may not be so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. Griz, you are so good with words. I love every part of this poem. I am thankful to have read it because you're so open in it and I'm thankful also to have kind of gone through this situation with you. Getting to see it more from your eyes in a medium that suits you so well is wonderful.
    Also, makes me think of that awesome birthday rap you wrote me.
    You're a boss, Griz.

    ReplyDelete